Wanted: Research Analyst to Track Federal Pandemic $$$
Job Opening - Good Jobs First - Research Analyst
Good Jobs First is a 23-year-old non-profit research center based in Washington, DC. GJF focuses on government and corporate accountability and now seeks a research analyst to work on its Covid Stimulus Watch project. This website collects data on companies receiving CARES Act and American Rescue Plan financial assistance. It may also capture additional stimulus acts if enacted, such as the American Jobs Plan. Covid Stimulus Watch combines company-specific data with accountability information about the firms, including data drawn from Good Jobs First’s Violation Tracker.
An applicant should have:
- at least three years of experience doing research and writing on federal budget issues, preferably having to do with economic development or procurement and preferably at a non-profit research or policy organization;
- experience working with large datasets;
- strong attention to detail; and
- a demonstrated commitment to racial, social and economic justice.
Additional desirable qualifications include:
- experience giving trainings on how to use datasets;
- writing blogs or articles about data findings; and
- experience working with journalists.
Salary range of $55,000 to $62,000 plus a benefit package that includes vacation time, holidays, a 100 percent employer-paid PPO health plan including dental and vision and a 403(b) retirement plan with employer contributions.
Good Jobs First is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women and people of color.
Please send résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.